Classes

When a new semester starts, things can be a little bumpy as you maneuver through last minute schedule changes, and attempt to get settled into a routine. And so it was just today that I realized, we are three weeks into fall semester, and I haven’t shared my schedule. I am taking 18 credit hours. Including:

Biology: Intro to the Organism (for a general education requirement)

Advanced Latin: Ovid (I’m seriously considering a classics minor, but have not yet declared it.)

Research Seminar in Religion: On Monsters (This class is geared towards helping Professor Gutierrez find research for the last chapter of her book.)

English: Romantic Rebels (Byron, Shelley, Blake etc.)

Philosophy of Religion (I’m taking this as a special study with Professor Gutierrez, who was kind enough to let me take it even though I can’t attend the actual class period because of a time conflict. Instead, I do all the work and meet with her to talk about it.)

English 104 (I am a TA for Professor Brown’s class freshman English class.)

It’s been busy, but so far I’m doing well. Latin sometimes makes me want to grind my teeth in frustration, and Biology lab is a bit outside my comfort zone, but college is about challenging yourself and learning new things. I just keep reminding myself that I can’t excel everything and that the extra effort will be worth it in the end. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

This entry was posted in Academics, Sweet Briar College and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.